Sharif Carpentry Gypsum Ceiling
Gypsum board walls and ceilings have a number of outstanding advantages:
1. Fire Resistive: Gypsum board is an excellent fire resistive material. It is the most commonly used interior finish where fire resistance classifications are required. Its noncombustible core contains chemically combined water which, under high heat, is slowly released as steam, effectively retarding heat transfer. Even after complete calcination, when all the water has been released, it continues to act as a heat insulating barrier.
2. Sound Proofing: Control of unwanted sound transmission to adjoining rooms is a key consideration in the design or renovation stage of a building or residence. Gypsum board wall and ceiling systems help control sound transmission.
3. Durable: Using gypsum board results in strong high-quality walls and ceilings with excellent dimensional stability and durability. The surfaces are easily decorated and refinished.
4. Economical: Gypsum board is readily available and easy to apply. It is an inexpensive wall surfacing material offering a fire-resistant interior finish.
5. Versatile: Gypsum board satisfies a wide range of architectural design requirements. Ease of application and repair, high performance, widespread availability, and decorative adaptability combine to make gypsum board an unmatched surfacing product.
6. Conceals Ductwork, Pipes, and Wires: A suspended ceiling can easily conceal imperfections and flaws on the actual ceiling. Instead of performing costly repairs and painting, you can install a suspended ceiling to cover pipes, ductwork, stains and peeled paint.
7. Easy Installation: Suspended ceilings are easily installed in a home or office. Many homeowners with the required knowledge can purchase the materials install the ceiling themselves.